Re: [CH] Evil Corporate Types

Tina Brooks (shoestring_louise@yahoo.com)
Mon, 2 Jun 2008 17:05:19 -0700 (PDT)

I'm pretty sure the restaurant won. but, I'll take your word for it.

=====

Tina Brooks
VP Marketing, Peppermaster Hot Sauces <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://www.peppermaster.com">www.peppermaster.com
</a>Brooks Pepperfire Foods Inc. <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://www.pepperfire.ca">www.pepperfire.ca</a>

Phone: (514) 393-3430
26 St. Jean Baptiste, East
Rigaud, Quebec, Canada
J0P 1P0

Network with me on <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://www.gourmetbusinessforum.com/">www.gourmetbusinessforum.com</a> -- The premier online business community for food professionals

----- Original Message ----
From: Ron Levi <dough2blo@yahoo.com>
To: jim@wildpepper.com; Tina Brooks <shoestring_louise@yahoo.com>
Cc: chile-heads@globalgarden.com
Sent: Monday, June 2, 2008 6:21:05 PM
Subject: Re: [CH] Evil Corporate Types

--- jim@wildpepper.com wrote:

> Re:  Ah, you mean like the lawsuit McIlhenny launched (and
> subesequently
> lost) against a Mexican restaurant
>

> Well, ma'am- short answer is you couldn't be more wrong.
> Tabasco did
> NOT lose the lawsuit and the restaraunt changed their name.
> Not sure
> where your info came from- maybe you ought to quit smoking
> your own
> chipotles ;-)  Tabasco has an active trademark in the food
> service
> category (as well as a host of other categories) and so this
> was a
> no-brainer for anyone looking at it.
>
> I, for one, am *glad* they didn't loose.  I've spent a LOT of
> money
> trademarking my stuff, as I'm sure you did on Pepperfire Foods
> also, and
> it would be a messy world indeed if all that was for naught!
> Nice to
> know you have recourse if someone decides to start up a
> Peppermaster Hot
> Sauce on the back of your hard work.
>
> -Jim
> http://www.StepUpforCharity.org

I agree in cases like this, however there are those who have
chosen to make their primary source in income from extorting
money out of honest business people on a shaky trademark that
should have never been issued instead of the specialty foods
they make. I am waiting for one of the big boys like Tobasco, or
KFC to squash the nonsense!

Warmest Regards,

Ron Levi
Innuendo Enterprises LLC
www.innuendofoods.com

Makers of Award Winning Specialty Food Products
Wholesale - Private Label - Co-pack - Consulting

CONFIDENTIALITY

sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient),
please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message. It is the recipient's responsibility to scan this e-mail and any attachments for viruses.