Re: [CH] Re: Evil corporate types

Tina Brooks (shoestring_louise@yahoo.com)
Mon, 2 Jun 2008 17:40:17 -0700 (PDT)

Not sure why I might think the restaurant won... http://www.tabascochili-war.com/english/index.php

I'm pretty sure that Ms. Pucher believes they won.

As
for whether or not I spent a great deal of money on my trademarks... I
have spent an exhorbitant amount of money on Pepperfire, and you well
know it. I didn't spend it fighting to own the trademark. I own it and
if the guy who the Trademarks office says owns it, wants to sue us,
we'll fight him in court... without a lawyer and we'll win.

With
all my trademarks experience over the past five years, the FIRST thing
I would tell anyone in the food business who is asking whether or not
they should register their mark, is that unless they are willing to
fight to the death to KEEP their mark, not to bother, it's a waste of
money and the rules of first use will win EVEN if you already own the
mark.

=====

Tina Brooks
VP Marketing, Peppermaster Hot Sauces <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://www.peppermaster.com">www.peppermaster.com
</a>Brooks Pepperfire Foods Inc. <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://www.pepperfire.ca">www.pepperfire.ca</a>

Phone: (514) 393-3430
26 St. Jean Baptiste, East
Rigaud, Quebec, Canada
J0P 1P0

Network with me on <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://www.gourmetbusinessforum.com/">www.gourmetbusinessforum.com</a> -- The premier online business community for food professionals

<em><font
color="#ff0000">Many persons have a wrong idea of what constitutes
true happiness. It is not attained through self-gratification but
through fidelity to a worthy purpose.</font> <font
color="#4040ff">Helen Keller</font></em>