Re: [CH] Re: Evil corporate types

Tina Brooks (shoestring_louise@yahoo.com)
Tue, 3 Jun 2008 19:52:07 -0700 (PDT)

Actually, I believe that there is no "trademark" protection granted over the use of the word tabasco chillies in the ingredients' list, it is a type of chili and certainly acceptable. One would have to actually look up EXACTLY what McIlhenny owns the trademark on, only THAT is protected... anything else is tempting... of course one would have to deal with the legal eagles that McIlhenny might set on them, but you know, all's fair in trademark infringement... at least until the gavel comes down anyway.

Personally, I don't think it's a trademark I'd want to challenge unless I was sure I had legal legs to stand on. Owning 30% of the US and Canadian hot sauce market, I'd think their pockets are waaaaay deeper than mine.

=====

Tina Brooks
VP Marketing, Peppermaster Hot Sauces <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://www.peppermaster.com">www.peppermaster.com
</a>Brooks Pepperfire Foods Inc. <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://www.pepperfire.ca">www.pepperfire.ca</a>