Re: [CH] any suggestions for apple (must be cooked)/cayenne concoction?

Dana H. Myers (dana.myers@gmail.com)
Fri, 13 Jun 2008 08:24:26 -0700

Jim Graham wrote:

> I'm just wondering how a cayenne-enhanced apple sauce would taste....
> Does anyone have any thoughts on this?  Would that be a good combination
> of mildly hot/sweet?  And if so, does anyone know how to make apple sauce
> from fresh apples?

Just off the top of my head, it sounds like maybe you want
a chutney recipe?  Though I don't have a particular apple
chutney recipe to share, the general form of a chutney is a
sweet/spicy condiment...  here's the first recipe I found:

http://www.elise.com/recipes/archives/001529apple_chutney.php

and another:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Apple-Chutney/Detail.aspx

These are pretty basic and mild, so you can dial up the
cayenne heat as you like.  Probably want to make a couple
of batches and experiment.

73,
Dana