[CH] List Future

Mark Ellis (mark@zymurgia.com)
Tue, 17 Jun 2008 09:38:07 +1000

What I do not understand, is why the heck dont we move the list if
this is slowly killing us. There is no discernible admin going on.
What is the problem here people???

Do we owe a blood debt to globalgarden? Have I missed something?? Am I
speaking out of turn? (probably)

I am more than happy to to sponsor and host the mailing list on either
of my domains zymurgia.com or artisansrus.com, or heck I'll even buy a
new domain for us all:
  chile-heads.org or chile-heads.net are available for instance.

The second question is why do we need a mailing list? Should we use a
forum instead.

My preference is a mailing list, but the rest of the known universe
seems to enjoy forums more, with the ability to upload pics etc.  I
could (if you would want me too of course) setup a hybrid system that
still used the mailing list as a backbone but also hooked into a forum
system (complex but very do-able).

Anyway, I am not sure if I am treading on anybody's toes (my sincere
apologies if I have!), and I only want to see us survive. This sort of
historical knowledge silo is hard to come by on the net these days and
I would hate for us to become a dodo list. As a member since the very
early 90's I feel a great debt to this community and we deserve to
thrive.

Should we conduct a poll??

cheers
Mark E. in Oz