Re: [CH] List Future

Rael64 (z42dkm@yahoo.com)
Tue, 17 Jun 2008 10:35:36 -0700 (PDT)

I am more inclined to think that any problems with posting have to do with the poster (postee? whatever).  I don't mean to sound unsympathetic, because I am.  As =Mark shows, the people unable to post are folks I remember.  They are chileheads!  Yet, the fact that those folks are subscribed to the list indicates that the problem is not with subscribing/unsubscribing (my doing such with another email address is confirmation enough of that for me).  The problem is with posting.

So, why would 'the system' (whatever allows posting) discriminate?  I can only assume it's because a post is somehow 'incorrect', which generally means the post is in something other than plain text.  Or are folks getting the digest version and trying to post to the digest address?  Or maybe folks on the digest *must* post to the digest address?

Maybe those having problems should unsub all addresses receiving email from the CH list, and resub under one.  Try to post.  If that works, kewl; then resub other addrs. as desired.

And if it doesn't work?  Well, beats the shit outta me.  But yeah, I'm not sure if 'maintaining the system' includes email troubleshooting.  We can argue all day and night if it should or should not, but ultimately, it may be in the hands of El Grande.

Penance!  There will be Penance!  Nekkid Twister [TM!], floggings, and peach habanero ice cream, by damn!

Peace, Hendrix, and Chiles.......
Rael64