Re: [CH] plain-text links (was Spam-bots)

KnoxBill (knoxbill@comcast.net)
Wed, 18 Jun 2008 20:53:56 -0400

Brent Thompson wrote:
> I'm thinking it is not actually a good thing to have browser guess what
> "must have been intended" when URL was typed, or closest approximation it
> happens to find, then automatically take you there.  Introduces a pretty
> big level of arbitrariness in this age of compromised websites.
>  ---   Brent

actually, i was thinking about that as i typed my message (after, of
course, i had already visited blah blah.com)...the new firefox tries to
second guess where i think i want to go...that is dangerous...altho
firefox does restrict it to sites already visited...still, it could make
for exciting surfing...

--

knoxbill

The human animal differs from the lesser primates in his passion for lists of "Ten Best".
		-- H. Allen Smith