Re: [CH] Ah, memories...

Doug Irvine (dougandmarie@shaw.ca)
Sun, 22 Jun 2008 19:53:28 -0700

=Mark wrote:
> Hey Doug, you remember these?
>
> http://www.exit109.com/~mstevens/tinyblast.jpg
>
> =Mark

Yes, but I can't recall who grew them. And they sort of disappeared from
view after that. Do you have any more info on them? Interesting that
they are from Brazil. We have very close friends here, the wife is from
Chile, and they just returned after a month down there. I really made a
hit with Rosa when we had them for dinner, and I did Pastel de Choclo.
Pain in the butt to make, but it was worth the response when I served it
and cutting the corn cobs into bite size was the hardest part. Great
Chilean dish, to which I added quite a bit of heat. The Chileans are not
noted for that hot & spicy, although Rosa is quite comfortable with as
many peppers as I wish to add!
Cheers, Doug in a warmer BC