Re: [CH] belated poll reaction

Doug Irvine (dougandmarie@shaw.ca)
Tue, 24 Jun 2008 08:28:48 -0700

solsearch@aol.com wrote:
>  I'm another lurker who's been with the list for 8 or 9 years and I
> see no reason to change this list's workings.? It's safe, easily
> scrolled through (I get the digest) and I love the people.? I'd hate
> it if anyone left---you/we are each such characters, most of whom I've
> cherished meeting at Open Fields and on Food Network shoots too.? I
> spent an hour today setting up soaker hoses in the precious chile
> garden today so that my husband's 84 year old mother will be able to
> keep the plants going when we leave for weeks later this summer.? I'm
> a chilehead because of you guys!
>
> Let's clarify the directions, post them monthly or so onto the list,
> communicate with folks who seem to need help, and leave the rest
> alone.? The online poll was indeed not fairly structured, in that it
> asked for answers to relocation questions that were irrelevant if you
> chose the opposite direction in questions one and two.? I refused to
> play.? My vote is to just let it be.
>
> Karen Z. in Cincy
>
> Zanger Communications LLC
> 513-984-4865

AMEN!  Karen, you and I have not met, you share your first name with our
youngest daughter. I share your view on that dumb poll absolutely. The
list has been around since the early 1990's and I have been on it since
about 1995 or 6. Sure it may be a little bit of a nuisance to get ONTO
the list, good, IMHO. The small difficulty keeps out the spammers, or at
least makes it a lot more difficult for them to hit our list. Mike
Bowers is aware of all this, and as time permits, will make some
adjustments, he assured me.
I believe that I am the elder on the list @ circa 1926, and a dedicated
old C-H'er! Both Marie and I really enjoy our food with additional heat
and due to Jim Campbell, even if my chile crop fails, Jim always comes
to the rescue with his wonderful assortment of powders and sauces.
Good for your husband's mom! Tell her not to trip over a soaker hose!

Cheers, old Doug Irvine on Vancouver Island British Columbia