Re: [CH] curry paste

Doug Irvine (dougandmarie@shaw.ca)
Tue, 24 Jun 2008 13:37:58 -0700

Linda Hutchinson wrote:
> Hey.  Looks really good and she makes it look really easy!  I learned in
> Indian cooking classes to do this, but things like galangal and ginger
> require a strong arm. (and she makes it look like no biggie!)  I wonder why
> they use dried chilies, would the process come out the same with fresh
> chilies?  they are easier to pound the heck out of!
>
> Linda

Much easier and simpler to buy the product! Same stuff I have used for
about 10 years...all 3 of the local Asian markets have carried those
brands for ages, we have a fairly large Thai population, and currently 3
excellent Thai restaurants in Nanaimo, and more within an hour drive,
along the ocean. Very scenic. Very good friends own 2, Amazing Thai here
and Arada's(their eldest dtrs name)in Qualicum Beach, a very beautiful
town up the Island. They have a web site: http://www.amazingthai.com