Re: [CH] using a dehydrator to dry chiles? (update/new question)

Doug Irvine (dougandmarie@shaw.ca)
Sun, 13 Jul 2008 19:15:58 -0700

Jim Graham wrote:
> One final question....  Should I rotate the trays every 12 hours, as the
> instructions say?  Or should I rotate them more often?
>
> Later,
>    --jim

Did you say it does not have a fan? Rotate every few hours! With a fan,
I do not rotate at all, and they dry perfectly. Mine does not have heat,
other than the heat produced by the fan motor, which seems to be enuf to
do the job. Jim, I have never had a problem in all the years I have been
drying peppers. Mind you, Jim Campbell has kept me well supplied with
powdered peppers which augments my supply, gotta watch our for his
smoked hab powder though, it is rated 10 hot!   Cheers Doug