Re: [CH] Understanding Wives

Doug Irvine (dougandmarie@shaw.ca)
Fri, 25 Jul 2008 15:40:58 -0700

Sandy Olson wrote:
> Hope all you guys realize how blessed you are ;^)  Now, those ladies
> deserve jewels and not necessarily the glittery type.  Lots of "I love
> yous" go a long way too.
>
> SandyO
> CH #1146, only 12 years but it's not the first time around!

As Jim is aware, this old old guy does all the cooking, and Marie does
all the baking. We have been working as that sort of team for about 40
of those nearly 60 years. I was a cook at an exclusive golf club in
Toronto when Marie and I met in 1947, and continued cooking, but mostly
only weekends. Learned different types of cooking from various friends
along the way, Italian, Chinese and Greek. Think I served Mr Campbell
and another firefighter, my Greek chicken, and I think Marie did a pie!
Anyway, our way of living has been a big success for us for all these
years. We both hope it lasts another 60 years, but slim chance of that!
Doug in BC