Re: [CH] Understanding Wives

Jonathan Smillie (jonathan.smillie@gmail.com)
Fri, 25 Jul 2008 19:38:37 -0400

Doug Irvine wrote:
> Sandy Olson wrote:
>> Hope all you guys realize how blessed you are ;^)  Now, those ladies
>> deserve jewels and not necessarily the glittery type.  Lots of "I
>> love yous" go a long way too.
>>
>> SandyO
>> CH #1146, only 12 years but it's not the first time around!
>

> As Jim is aware, this old old guy does all the cooking, and Marie does
> all the baking. We have been working as that sort of team for about 40
> of those nearly 60 years. I was a cook at an exclusive golf club in
> Toronto when Marie and I met in 1947, and continued cooking, but
> mostly only weekends. Learned different types of cooking from various
> friends along the way, Italian, Chinese and Greek. Think I served Mr
> Campbell and another firefighter, my Greek chicken, and I think Marie
> did a pie!
> Anyway, our way of living has been a big success for us for all these
> years. We both hope it lasts another 60 years, but slim chance of that!
> Doug in BC

Doug -

If I recall, Toronto is one of the best cities in the world to learn
cooking in (I had some of the hottest wings I've ever eaten there, at
the now-defunct Acme Bar & Grill, as well as eating some very, very good
Chinese).

Of course, that was probably about 50 years after you were cooking
anywhere in the vicinity...

Jonathan