Re: [CH] time for another batch of hot sauce...and another question

Jim Graham (spooky130@cox.net)
Thu, 31 Jul 2008 12:50:36 -0500

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 06:38:08AM -0700, John Sphar wrote:
> Mexican-wise, achiote is also used to color/flavor cochinita pibil --
> which is paper-wrapped pork meat (or maybe cornhusk-wrapped) buried
> underground a little and slow-cooked.

Thanks, but I don't think I'll be putting any pork in my hot sauce.
I've never even heard of such a thing, even in Mexican cooking...but
I suppose somewhere, someone has done it.  But it won't be me.

Thanks anyways,
   --jim

--
73 DE N5IAL (/4)            MiSTie #49997      < Running FreeBSD 7.0 >
spooky130@cox.net || j.graham@ieee.org  ICBM/Hurr.: 30.39735N 86.60439W

   "Now what *you* need is a proper pint of porter poured in a proper
   pewter porter pot.."     --Peter Dalgaard in alt.sysadmin.recovery