Re: [CH] OT....drying oregano

Jonathan Smillie (jonathan.smillie@gmail.com)
Mon, 08 Sep 2008 15:26:47 -0400

John:

I've never done salt-drying (but I have 3lb. of kosher salt in the
pantry, and an embarrassment of riches in basil plants out on the
patio). Does the salt-drying impart any saltiness to the dried material,
or does the salt simply leach out the moisture from the organic material
and leave dry stuff behind?