Re: [CH] nam prik

Jim Graham (spooky130u@gmail.com)
Sun, 19 Oct 2008 12:06:51 -0500

On Sun, Oct 19, 2008 at 05:38:00AM -0700, Rael64 wrote:
> My guess would be that it is either old and thus dry, or more likely
> (hopefully, eh?) one is expected to "thin it out" with fish sauce,
> lime, or even just water, sort of like reconstituting it.

Well, I found the answer (or more to the point, I went to Thai Market
and asked).  The two varieties I got are both intended to be added to
rice.  I'm a bit foggy on when/how you add it (when I left I thought I
had a clear grasp on that...and I might have...but it's gone now).

There are types of nam prik that are less dry (he pointed them out),
but just from looking at them, I couldn't tell the difference.

Oh well....

Later,
   --jim

--
73 DE N5IAL (/4)        | Peter da Silva:  No, try "rm -rf /"
spooky130u@gmail.com    | Dave Aronson:    As your life flashes before