Re: [CH] lunch - green chile burger

Terry Pogue (tpogue@comcast.net)
Fri, 2 Jan 2009 17:26:14 -0500

I slathered it on top of the burger with the cheese and onion. It was
so good and so simple. I keep thinking I am going to use the last of
that 1 pound package of chiles I used for the sauce. Well, not yet. I
have just about 3 Tablespoons left and I think it's going on steaks! I
won't waste even a little bit of that magical stuff.

Next I'll make some Red chile gravy. I usually cheat a little and use
ground powder, a mix of Dixon Medium Hot and Ancho. I use Robb Walsh's
recipe from The San Antonio Chile (Chili Queens). It's so good. I
really love the red and my husband loves green. Hey, we like both.
What can I say.

terry

http://www.terryanddave.com/Terry
"My idea of pure heaven is to spend a day in the kitchen, peeling,
chopping, and stirring while the words of a good book fill the air
around me." Ruth Reichl