Re: [CH] I'm so glad I froze those habs

Jonathan Smillie (jonathan.smillie@gmail.com)
Mon, 09 Feb 2009 10:20:18 -0500

Alex:

I've frozen pods for the last two seasons both for general use and for
hot-sauce making. This year I froze them whole but stemmed; last year I
took the time to seed them (in part to harvest seeds for starting), but
either way they held up perfectly well for sauce and salsa making. In
fact, I'm not sure that for sauce-making, freezing them first isn't an
advantage, as when you thaw them the ice has broken the cell walls and
they are slightly mushy - it seems to me (but this may be
wish-fulfillment) that they puree better that way.

Jonathan