Re: [CH] All creatures great and jolokia-ish

Dave Drum (dirty_dave@chillicooks.org)
Sat, 14 Feb 2009 05:03:06 -0600

bluezinnia@kyananet.com wrote:
> So then, is a /bhut jolokia/ the same thing as a /naga jolokia?
> /I don't speak either of the relevant languages at all, but FWIW, I
> /think /I recall that /bhut  /is Tibetan
> for "ghost" or "spirit",  and /naga /is maybe  "snake" or "serpent" in
> Hindi. Which makes me think maybe they aren't the same, but who knows?

Probably as the Scotch Bonnet and the Habanero are not the same
pepper. I do remember the bhut jolokia being referred to as the "ghost
pepper" is some news accounts at the time it was first announced.

--
ENJOY!!!

 From Uncle Dirty Dave's Kitchen
Home of YAHOOOOAHHHH Hot Sauce & Hardin Cider

... Silly things do cease to be silly if they are done by sensible
people in an impudent way. -- Jane Austen