[CH] Re: [chilitalk] Glasgow pepper...

Doug Irvine (dougandmarie@shaw.ca)
Thu, 09 Apr 2009 14:10:15 -0700

Tina Brooks wrote:

> Had a customer contact us looking for a "Glasgow Pepper". From the
> description, it sounds to be a chinense, given her description, she
> chose the scotch bonnet as the pepper it most resembles from our photos
> on the wall. Of course, this being Quebec, this "extremely hot" pepper
> could easily be not much hotter than a Jalapeno.
>
> Any ideas?

Hi Tina....given that it IS Quebec, the translations back and forth
Eng/Francais/English, etc! It could very well be a Scotch Bonnet, or a
Habanero.  Don't knock all jals....out of four I bought a few days ago
one of those suckers just about blew my head off, because I was not
expecting it! Serves me right, I usually taste them when cutting them up
and that time I didn't! And when my fingers started to burn a few
minutes later, I realized my  error. I can usually eat Habs right out of
hand, and have given check out kids fits when after being warned that
was the hottest pepper in the world, bit a chunk outta one.  Doug in BC
who lived in Hottawa for 10 years cross the bridge from Ull :-)!!