Re: [CH] Howdy everyone!

Doug Irvine (dougandmarie@shaw.ca)
Fri, 26 Jun 2009 09:16:48 -0700

Doug Scudder wrote:
> Hi y'all,
> I think the digest is finally getting through again.  It's great to be
> back and see so many of "the crew" still here and posting.  I've got a
> few plants in the ground this year, nothing like past years.  I had to
> pot them since "The Verminator" has not been at his usual best in the
> gopher department.  Rotating between Backdraft, El Yucateco Kutbil Ik,
> and WalkersWood Scotch Bonnet to keep the heat up.  JimC, after a couple
> of months I noticed the "Refrigerate" on the label of Backdraft.  It's
> been sitting on a shelf above my desk at work.  I have suffered no ill
> effects though some would say a sweating head, ringing ears, and stupid
> grin qualify as such.  Anyway, it's good to be back and a special shout
> out to mi tokayo in B.C., Hey Doug!
> DougS

Hey Doug back!! Great to see you return. As you see the old guy is still
alive and kickin! Marie and I celebrated our 60th March 4(and of course
the Fire Chief wanted to know how she stood it all those years) ;-)
I have a couple of chiles in pots on the deck, along with 4 tomatoes,
1/2 dozen assorted herbs, two tomatilla plants, as well as Marie's
flower garden! Kinda crowded out there!
Still cooking, Marie is still baking all our bread, did a great loaf the
other day, an Argentine Chimichurri bread. The recipe was from John Ross
and if anyone wants it I will post it. Marie doubled up on the cayenne
pepper! And as a friend in Baja sent me some Mexican oregano, she
doubled that also.
Great to see you back, Doug!
Cheers, old Doug on Vancouver Island BC