Re: [CH] Marie's Latest Bread

Doug Irvine (dougandmarie@shaw.ca)
Fri, 26 Jun 2009 19:40:41 -0700

Dave Drum wrote:
> Doug Irvine wrote:
>
>> Marie uses the dough cycle and bakes in cold oven set at 325F and bake
>> for 30 - 35 minues. She lets it rise for about half an hour prior to
>
> When you say "cold oven" I assume that means that you don't pre-heat the
> oven - just turn it to 325oF when you pop the bread in. Am I right? I am
> putting this recipe into Meal Master format and will post it other
> places ... and I'd like to have at least a shot at accuracy.

That is it. She found this method from someone on another bread maker
list, who said that method worked very well. So, as it also saves power
Marie tried it. She has used that method since as it seemed to work. She
has done four loaves thus far and it works. The "oven bounce" from the
heating oven is great to watch. Marie still lets the loaves rise after
placing in the pan for at least long enough to have it rise above the
edge of the pan by about 2 - 3 " and then it will rise quite a bit
further when the heat hits it.
Have fun, Marie is gonna have to make another loaf tomorrow!
Cheers, Doug in BC