Re: Fw: [CH] Moderate Corps Rank

bluezinnia@kyananet.com
Fri, 10 Jul 2009 11:16:46 -0400

shoestring_louise@yahoo.com wrote:
> Only you could convince me to try it Rain.

Awww, <blush> thanks, that's sweet of you!

> So, I will. But I promise you, I won't like it.

Heheheheh!! You sound like my teenage grandnephew on the subject of eating
catfish. We converted him, though. Say hallelujah, church. :)

> Of course, knowing what I know about both coffee and chillies, it's probably
> just a case of which coffee with which pepper.

Generally speaking, for coffee,  I want a dried, thin-walled  chile with plenty
of fire but not a lot of the classic supermarket _C. annuum_ flavor. Serranos and jals
just won't work in coffee, IMHO.

I really do recommend _prik ki nu_, _chiles de arbol_ (lovely warm nutty aroma)
or, best of all, _siling labuyo_ (quite hot, and with a light, hard-to-describe
overtone that goes absolutely great with coffee.  And they're so easy to grow
that you pretty much have to hit them over the head with a brick to make them
stop.  Ya gotta love wild peppers. :) )   Or if all else fails, you can split a dried
cayenne; start with using half as a stirrer, and go up from there if you want to.

One other thing--I don't sweeten my coffee. How sweet chilefied coffee will taste,
I don't know, but probably very nice.

Keep on rockin',
Rain
@@@@