Re: [CH] Jose's South of the Border Canadian Bacon

Terry Pogue (tpogue@comcast.net)
Fri, 10 Jul 2009 20:43:34 -0400

Ops. Yes, of course, my fingers did not type what my brain was
thinking.. I do pork butt all the time. It does sound nice to me. I've
brined pork loin and chops many times but never seen the need to brine
a butt since it's so moist. Still. I'd like to see if it changes it in
any way. The salt and sugar balance out. I'm going to try it. then
slice it and maybe griddle it.
I thought the Border Canadian Bacon was sort of a joke like so many
recipes I see where one thing is called another... City Chicken for
instance which is pork.

http://www.terryanddave.com/Terry
"My idea of pure heaven is to spend a day in the kitchen, peeling,
chopping, and stirring while the words of a good book fill the air
around me." Ruth Reichl