Re: [CH] First Time Post

Jonathan Smillie (jonathan.smillie@gmail.com)
Mon, 13 Jul 2009 18:20:42 +0000

Hi Fred and welcome to the group! As others have noted, we're a topically eclectic bunch but at the end of the day (or sometimes the week) it's all about the chiles and the various uses thereof.

I'm growing 14 plants in Southern Indiana, where we've had a wet but pretty warm spring and early summer. My chocolate habanero plants are enormous with relatively sparse but large pods, and my regular orange habs are fruiting profusely- all of them still have flowers too. My two serranos have 2-3 in. fruit that are just starting to ripen. I'm looking forward to fall!

Jonathan
------Original Message------
From: fmccarter@cinci.rr.com
Sender: owner-chile-heads@globalgarden.com
To: chile-heads@globalgarden.com
ReplyTo: fmccarter@cinci.rr.com
Subject: [CH] First Time Post
Sent: Jul 13, 2009 8:06 AM

I just joined the list and wanted to say HELLO to everyone.
I have been reading about coffee and bacon and other things, but not much about peppers.
I have a small garden here in the state of Ohio. My garden has 168 pepper plants this year - from high sweet to heavy heat.
I enjoy them all. I started eating the Hungarian's and the Jalapeno's last week. My Jalapeno's have lots of heat and flavor, but the Hungarian's only have heat. Perhaps with the cool weather this week they will produce more sugar for more flavor. Anyhow, that time of year is here for fresh peppered food! Enjoy your day,
They call me PepperHeadFred...

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile