Re: [CH] Datil-Do-It

Dave Drum (dirty_dave@chillicooks.org)
Mon, 13 Jul 2009 21:26:05 -0500

Sandy Olson wrote:
> Oh...so I was misled to think the Datil was of the moderate persuasion
> too :^(    Well, chalk up another one to marketing strategies, as you
> say, Mo.
>
> I had a bottle of those darn pickled Datils around for ages.  There were
> in vinegar and I was told to use the vinegar as needed, then refill the
> jar with white vinegar which would then take on the heat from the Datils
> and this could be done several times before you actually at the
> peppers.  Is Datil-Do-It still available?  The restaurant where I used
> to buy it closed.

Try here: http://www.minorcandatil.com/

I like their Pepper Jelly - it has a nice warm wake-up call without
being stupid hot.

For the Datil Do It branded stuff go here: http://www.datildoit.com

Their jelly is good, too. But I like the other guy's stuff better.
Maybe it's the mint along with the sweet and the heat.

--
ENJOY!!!

 From Uncle Dirty Dave's Kitchen
Home of YAHOOOOAHHHH Hot Sauce & Hardin Cider

... Most people would like to be delivered from temptation but would
like it to keep in touch. -- Robert Orben