Re: [CH] Megamartization -was: Antithesis of Bacon

Doug Irvine (dougandmarie@shaw.ca)
Sun, 19 Jul 2009 09:28:11 -0700

=Mark wrote:
> On Sat, 18 Jul 2009 20:52:06 -0400, Jose Cisneros wrote
>
>> The stooper markets don't quite get it yet.
>>

> Ya got that right.  Went to 3 markets yesterday, in the middle of July, and
> they're still only selling billiard ball tomatoes...

I just read that you guys in the east are going to have a bad time with
tomatoes this year due to a blight which is hitting the plants, both the
commercial and private growers. So you may be stuck with lousy tomatoes
for this year. Too bad, because we went through that a few years ago,
and never did get decent priced fruit for the rest of that year. I had 6
plants on the roof of the building that year, which is over 100 ft up,
and we got nothing at all. I companion plant with marigolds, so we had
lots of flowers but no maters!
Cheers, Doug in BC