Re: [CH] Smoking habaneros

dan combs (dcombs@bloomington.in.us)
Sat, 15 Aug 2009 19:39:26 -0400

At 06:38 PM 8/15/2009, Jonathan Smillie wrote:
>Thanks Jim (and Sandy, and all the others who wrote with advice).
>I'll be following up, but I definitely think I'm going to take you
>up on the suggestion of not using a smoker that has been used for
>meat. I have smoked pork and salmon on my grill but I don't want
>pork or salmon-flavored habs, so I think I may be investing in one
>of those Little Chief smokers...

Once El Padre Jim opened a porthole on an odd looking trailer he had
parked in a random parking lot in Columbus, Indiana.   The trailer
was a giant smoker.  A pressurized gas burner jet periodically
ignited and toasted a huge piece of glowing wood.   On giant rotating
racks in the belly of the beast were around 1000 pounds of habs.

As I was peering in the only thing I could think of was Dante's
Inferno, incarnate.

carp