Re: [CH] Yellow Bhut Jolokia

JohnT (love2troll@kc.rr.com)
Wed, 18 Nov 2009 14:57:39 -0600

Dave Drum wrote:

> I gave a friend a dozen seeds off my own bhut jolokia plants the other
day. Gratis ... but, ain't that what friends are all about?

For sure is!  A few years back I lost all my plants (mostly pubes) when was
too ill to overwinter them & had donated ALL my pube seeds to a worthy
cause.

There were only 3 pube varieties that I really wanted back so put out a plea
to folks I had sent seeds to in I think 13 or 14 countries & have thankfully
recovered some.  Not all that many people bag blossoms for seed purity & I
wanted uncrossed seeds.

Back to bhuts...   my red bhuts are prone to that internal mold/rot/whatever
problem that hab-types sometimes have.  Had really wanted to send some fresh
pods to that old fart that lugs around an oxygen tank at OF, but they are
just too nasty.  Planning to send him some salsa instead.

Overwintering in Misery, USA:
http://www.fototime.com/D3305D4694816D7/orig.jpg  There are like 5
ripe/rotten
Bhut Jolokia pods in the pic.