RE: [CH] CaJohn's Jolokia

Alex Silbajoris (asilbajo@hotmail.com)
Mon, 11 Jan 2010 12:01:53 +0000

> Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 18:59:12 -0800
> From: radiorlg@yahoo.com

>and way down the list was Jolokia powder, cayenne, and a few other chiles. I grabbed it.

I am fortunate to be able to go down to the North Market here in town and visit CaJohn's booth to browse his current offerings (which change often).

He put jolokia into his 10 line which includes a dry seasoning, a rub, a mustard, and probably more that I don't know of.  He's crafty with it though; for example in the dry seasoning he hides the jolokia behind black pepper, which is the first thing you smell and taste.  It's only later that you realize there's another burn lurking in the background.

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/196390707/direct/01/