Re: [CH] CPI seeds germination

JohnT (love2troll@gmail.com)
Wed, 17 Mar 2010 13:01:48 -0500

Hi,

It was the "...several were caught in the seed." that I would like to
comment on first.  Sometimes a stuck seed coat can be helped.  First
day I notice there is a problem I apply a gob of spit  several times.
If no improvement noticed on day two, I then snip off a little of seed
top with a very sharp pair of scissors or nail clippers to expose some
of the leaf to light.  Sometimes that works.
http://www.fototime.com/A75CFD3E83056AB/standard.jpg
http://www.fototime.com/1DDDFC9CEFE0E0C/standard.jpg

I think poor germination % should definitely be reported.