Re: [CH] Capsaicin Health (Bhut Jolokia Medicine)

dan combs (dcombs@bloomington.in.us)
Tue, 20 Apr 2010 22:18:44 -0400

I just got my first bag of dried bhut jolokias.  They're somewhat
bigger than pills but ought to do the medical trick.  ;-)

The bag was a gift from my son and is a product of Melissa's.  I
handled the sealed plastic bag bare-handed and an hour or so later
rubbed my eye.  Yowza.  Could be some other bag broke open and the
contents spilled on the one I have. I dunno. I've had hab juice
directly in the eye before.  I thought this was a little more ragged
eye-heat, although duration was comparable but maybe longer...which
might indeed make it more prone to weaponization.  I haven't eaten
one yet as it is a school night and I have to teach tomorrow.  I'm
pretty positive I will need some type of liquid fire extinguisher
when I do so it may be a weekend challenge.  I mean I'm pretty much
of the mindset  I can not drink, or drink a lot.  We'll see.

The bag label says they are machine dried very slowly.  They have the
texture of a good smoked Ancho.  Does anyone know if this sterilizes the seed?

carpo