Re: [CH] Risa's Tortilla Soup question

Doug Irvine (dougandmarie@shaw.ca)
Sun, 25 Apr 2010 16:41:56 -0700

Dave Drum wrote:
> RisaG wrote:
>> You would think that 1/4 tsp would do nothing. That is what I expected
>> - little heat - but what happened was amazing. It was really hot. Even
>> hubby thought so and he can handle the heat these days. I would say
>> that we are more than Moderates at this point and that 1/4 tsp was
>> something else.

Was that one of Jim's chipotles? I have some he sent me last year, and
they are HOT! And I don't have a problem with heat, but I find these HOT
and so I temper them somewhat.  I dried some of them some more to turn
into powder, and I had to wear a mask even drying them. They were his
own fire roasted....I think he stuck some of his Fire House in there
with them! Good though!
Cheers,

Doug in BC