Re: [CH] Risa's Tortilla Soup question

Dave Drum (dirty_dave@chillicooks.org)
Sun, 25 Apr 2010 17:42:48 -0500

RisaG wrote:
> You would think that 1/4 tsp would do nothing. That is what I expected - little heat - but what happened was amazing. It was really hot. Even hubby thought so and he can handle the heat these days. I would say that we are more than Moderates at this point and that 1/4 tsp was something else. Even in that amount of liquid. I ground the chipotle myself from some older chipotle pods I had in the cupboard. So I was expecting mild heat, enough for Trevor to handle. I was soooo wrong. I  had to dollop more than 1 dollop of sour cream on the soup to calm the tastebuds.
>
> Normally I would agree that 1/4 tsp would do nothing BUT not in this case.

Whoa! What kind of jalapenos did you use for the chipotles? Even Biker
Billy jals shouldn't be that peppy ... and Biker Billy is about at the
top of the jalapeno heat range.

Too bad the seeds probably aren't viable. Might be worth growing some
off that experience.

--
ENJOY!!!

 From Uncle Dirty Dave's Kitchen
Home of YAHOOOOAHHHH Hot Sauce & Hardin Cider

... When you're a mayor and you have a problem you blame the
provincial government. If you are provincial government and you have a
problem you blame the federal government. We don't blame the Queen any
more, so once in a while we might blame the Americans. -- Jean Chretien