Re: [CH] Planting Time - Finally

Jonathan Smillie (jonathan.smillie@gmail.com)
Mon, 10 May 2010 10:29:05 -0400

Planting time here in southern Indiana/north central Kentucky is
traditionally Derby Day (first Saturday in May) so I got my plants into
the ground - started from seed this year, except for three store-bought
orange habs - about a week ago. This past Saturday night, however, there
was a frost advisory, so we were out with the row covers, protecting
them and the tomatoes from potential (fortunately not actual) damage.

I have twenty plants in a roughly 6x5 grid, including:

3 - orange habanero
4 - naga jolokia
5 - caribbean red habanero
4 - chocolate habanero
4 - fatalii

All save the chocolates and the orange habs are based on seed from Jim
C's Open Fields - the chocolates are from seed from last year's plants
bought at Bunton Seed in Louisville. I tried to start some Red Savina as
well but they were uniformly unsuccessful.

Looking forward to seeing how everything turns out!

Jonathan