Re: [CH] OT: smoker questions (fwd)

Jim Graham (spooky130u@gmail.com)
Sat, 19 Jun 2010 08:08:02 -0500

(oops...did a regular 'r'eply instead of a 'L'ist reply....)

On Sat, Jun 19, 2010 at 06:58:53AM -0500, Dave Drum wrote:
> Jim Graham wrote:

>> Here's the sauce I found on the Texas Barbecue site
>> (www.Texasbarbecue.com, I think):

> Here's another - pretty good stuff, too. But, a whole lot different
> from the *sweet* ketchup based sauces ...
>       Title: South Carolina Mustard BBQ Sauce

Thanks---I'll file that in my Recipes file (which ends up, eventually,
in my ever-expanding personal cookbook).

As for the sauce recipe I posted, the key words here being Texas
Barbecue.  :-)   I may call Florida home, but I spent most of my time
while growing up in/around San Antonio, TX, and College Station, TX while
in school at Texas A&M University.  While in college, I worked at a great
BBQ place in College Station called 3-C Barbecue.  This sauce is, at least
according to my memory, very similar to theirs (and many other Texas BBQ
sauces I've had).  That is my target anytime I pull out the smoker.

Oh well, gotta get to the store...need veges to finish off the day on
the smoker (smoked corn ... yummmmmm).

Later,
   --jim

--
73 DE N5IAL (/4)        | Remember your spelling rules, including:
spooky130u@gmail.com    |   I before E except after C

----- End forwarded message -----

--
73 DE N5IAL (/4)            MiSTie #49997      < Running FreeBSD 7.0 >
spooky130u@gmail.com                    ICBM/Hurr.: 30.56226N 86.52008W