Re: [CH] Blueberry Bliss Ice Cream

Doug Irvine (dougandmarie@shaw.ca)
Fri, 03 Sep 2010 20:26:04 -0700

  On 10-09-03 7:32 PM, RisaG wrote:
> Taking Doug's idea from the Hot Luck, I put the chile powder IN the ice cream,
> not just sprinkled on top!
>
> I used some hab powder. So a little went a long way. This batch was just for me!
That Doug was NOT old Doug in BC...who is seriously lactose intolerant
and which ice cream would likely lay me low!  Fortunately we have now in
Canada a company name of Chapman's whose ice creams are not only lactose
free but also sugar free! When they first came out with these you could
hear me cheering from BC all the way to the East Coast! For the first
time since I was a child, almost 80 years ago when I found that I could
not drink milk, or eat ice cream, I have a whole raft of flavors. Maple
Walnut, Vanilla, Dutch chocolate, Black Cherry and a few others. I was
so impressed that I emailed those folks congratulating them on their ice
creams. Imagine, they sent me a bunch of free coupons for their
products. www.kidsclub.ca will reach their kids web page, giving  a
history and description of their products. They are giving Bryers a run
for it!!
That other Doug and his father are great folks, who live down
east....near Risa! Relatively so when compared to where we live:-)), BIG
Pacific ocean at our front door....

Cheers,

Doug in BC