Re: [CH] looking for suggestions for wing sauce (habanero)

Doug Irvine (dougandmarie@shaw.ca)
Tue, 14 Sep 2010 20:02:56 -0700

  On 10-09-14 6:55 PM, Jim Graham wrote:
> I'm planning on smoking a bunch of chicken parts, including some wings
> (I'm guessing that's not the usual way for making chicken wings, but I
> want to try it, either way, with a small package of wings).  I have a
> sauce that I *MIGHT* use a very light amount of for the main bits of
> the chicken (it's very light), but don't know where to begin with wing
> sauce...store-bought?  home-made?  recipe?
>
> Thanks,
>     --jim

Hello Jim....here is one I have used which I concocted. It was
absolutely great, I used it for baby back ribs, which I marinated in the
fridge overnight. With a rub.
1/2     cup brown sugar, I used Splenda brown sugar blend
2    tablespoons paprika, I used smoked Spanish
1/2 tsp salt
1    tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/2 tsp garlic crystals
1/2 tsp onion powder
1    tsp chile powder, your choice
Mix this all together and add 1/2 cup catsup/ketchup/how ever you call
it! :-)
Slather this all over your  wings before you grill 'em
Enjoy, and have fun!

Cheers,

Doug in BC

I used this on ribs the other night and they were spectacular! Got so
much praise from Marie I had to promise to use that mix again! Try it,
works great on ribs, lemme know how it works on chicken wings