Re: [CH] Quite list?

Doug Irvine (dougandmarie@shaw.ca)
Fri, 17 Dec 2010 07:28:40 -0800

On 10-12-16 11:43 PM, Sammy Shuford wrote:
> So I shall pose a question.  Can a pepper plant be "trimmed" to keep from growing two large? Idea would be keep the plant compact, bring in under lights for the winter.
> God Loves you, and I'm trying!

ABSOLUTELY! Sammy, I have been doing that for years as I only grow in
pots.(Almost said " I am a pot grower" but thought better of it!:-)!
However, after it stops putting out blossoms, trim it away down. As long
as it is getting light and the temperature is moderate, it will sorta
hibernate, and in spring will start up again. Not too much water until
it starts putting out new leaves, and then feed it a good balanced
fertilizer. I kept one hab going for 4 years at one point. Now however
getting too old to look after them. 85 in two weeks.
Cheers,

Doug on Vancouver Island BC