Re: [CH] Poblano Peppers

Doug Irvine (dougandmarie@shaw.ca)
Sun, 10 Apr 2011 11:46:29 -0700

On 11-04-10 10:12 AM, Jose Cisneros wrote:
> Hey Chile-heads,
>
> I happen to find a nice bag of fresh Poblanos on sale
> at the local stupor markup.
> So wondering what to do with them all I went on line.
> And I found this site...
> http://poblanorecipes.blogspot.com/#111328663473613746
> I thought it worth sending along to the list.
> I've yet to try anything listed so your mileage may vary
> But the recipes do look worth trying.
>

> Jose

Jose....at a farmers market last year in the fall, there was a huge sale
of Anaheim peppers(similar to poblano) and so I bought a big bag of
those.  Brought them home, washed and dried them, laid them out flat on
a tray and flash froze them individually. So now, when I want a couple
for either stuffing or to add to a dish, I dig them outta the freezer
and let thaw.  Skin comes right off and easy to de-seed and stem.  Have
fun, hope the price was right!
Cheers,

Doug in BC