Re: [CH] New World's Hottest

Jim Graham (spooky130u@gmail.com)
Thu, 14 Apr 2011 11:15:58 -0500

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 09:34:27AM -0400, =Mark wrote:
> I have to admit losing interest in the monthly "New hottest chili pepper"
> announcements.  Pretty much every one of them seems to carry a stupidly high
> concentration of capsaicin but little flavor compared to the Red Savina?.

I'll second that, for both the above and another reason:  they all seem
to be impossible to find locally.  If I can't put 'em in my pepper
garden, or at the very least, buy them at the store (for those I don't
use as much, like Anaheim---great on pizzas, stir-fry, etc., and I seem
to recall a recipe here, and if so, in my ~/Mail/Recipes, for stuffed
Anaheims; but even if not, make stuffed bell peppers, but replace bell
peppers with Anaheims...should be great).  I've never even tried the
Red Savina.  I HAVE had red habaneros, but AFAIK, they weren't the
Savina.

On another note, I tried my new batch of habanero sauce (after correcting
for a few things I forgot to add, and re-checking the pH, which is now
3.49 instead of 3.42).  Still the same fantastic sauce that my fellow
chile-head friends and I all love so much.  :-)  And since I'm told it's
basically hopeless to get things setup to sell it legally, I'll probably
post the recipe for it here after I get it typeset.  Oh, wait...PDF will
probably be rejected here...might just post text.  Whatever....  :-)

Later,
   --jim

--
73 DE N5IAL (/4)        MiSTie #49997  < Running FreeBSD 7.0 >
spooky130u@gmail.com ICBM/Hurricane: 30.44406N 86.59909W

   "Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!"
               --Mal (Firefly, 1x03, Our Mrs. Reynolds)