Re: [CH] Chile Sauce and growing Poblano questions

Gard Meddaugh (gardm@pacbell.net)
Wed, 18 May 2011 19:28:36 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Sue,

  You packed a lot of info in a small space; thank you.  I'll continue to roast my chiles and peel them.

  We are a bit limited here by what is available and I find the Poblanos [Anaheims right behind them] are meaty, juicy and flavorful.  I like the chile flavor!

  Northern NM and Ca??  Maybe southern Colorado also.

  We had the good fortune in 2009 to follow the Santa Fé trail from Santa Fé into Colorado.  A highlight was a lunch in a cantina in San Miguel del Vado where I had a stuffed Sopapilla.  When asked what salsa I'd like I said "red on one end and green on the other".  The server said "Oh, Christmas"; I'd heard about that but was the first time I'd experienced it.  And I still remember the flavors; they call it comfort food and I'll second and third it!

  cheers,

    Gard

 The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names.  --Chinese proverb--