Re: [CH] Non-Fruiting Habaneros

Rich McCormack (macknet@cts.com)
Fri, 04 Jun 1999 09:04:20 -0700

Marshall Williams wrote:

>  I have lots of tabascos,
> cascabellas, and poblanos.
>
> Any good ideas on what to do with those big poblanos?  Those suckers are
> BIG (to me at least - I'm used to Thai hots and hab's and other small
> peppers.)

I use 'em fresh in place of bell peppers.  Allowed to ripen,
they can be used in place of fresh red bells or dried and ground
for use in chile powders or recipes calling for mild to medium
heat ground red chile or they can be reconstituted whole for use
in making chile sauces and moles.  Dried pablanos are known as
ancho chiles.  Anchos have a medium heat and rich, complex
flavor...thus their use is more for flavor than heat.

--
Rich McCormack (Poway, CA) macknet@cts.com

Who is Rich McCormack?  Find out at...
http://members.cts.com/crash/m/macknet/