Re: [CH] Non-fruiting habaneros

Rich McCormack (macknet@cts.com)
Mon, 07 Jun 1999 06:52:05 -0700

danceswithcarp wrote:

> On a side note, I've enjoyed reading the list again but on Tuesday we'll
> be out of here for a month on the road.  I would like to think we'll be
> able to find the peppers amidst the weeds when we get back, but even more
> so I would like to hope the crow that is pulling up 2-5 chile plants a
> day dies a horrible cat-induced death.
>
> Man, that guy is cocky.  We'll walk up there and he'll just leave the
> garden for the nearest tree branch and watch us reset the plants.  I've
> got a pellet gun but isn't that a federal offense?

Probably not federal but likely against most city laws.  Crows
frequent my backyard and they are loud and obnoxious.  But, since
they don't mess with my plants, I tolerate 'em.  Cats, though, do
cause me problems when they use my freshly planted garden areas
as their "bathroom" facilities.  It's probably illegal too, but
I keep a BB gun handy to run them off...not powerful enough to
hurt them but it does get their attention.  It usually only
takes a couple of "pings" in the butt for 'em to catch on and
seems to discourage 'em from returning.  I don't know if it would
work for crows though...crows can be pretty cheeky.

--
Rich McCormack (Poway, CA) macknet@cts.com

Who is Rich McCormack?  Find out at...
http://members.cts.com/crash/m/macknet/