[CH] RE: WWCHHL

Kristofer Blennow (kristofer@blennow.se)
Sun, 20 Jun 1999 03:04:29 +0200

Clyde wrote:

> It's an old American custom that whenever a person suggests a
> special sort of party or gathering, he gets to do the organizing!
> So start now and plan for the WWCHHL seminar and party time for
> Y2K. Can we do this in Sweden?

I have a strong feeling that such a thing should be organized in
"chile-land" (Texas, New Mexico...) and during the growing... even
harvest season. Sweden is maybe exotic, but would not offer trips to
chilefarms, hot food stores etc...

Time could be summer 2000, when all the Y2K problems are hopefully
fixed... ;)

Sandy Olson wrote:

> Or people could just arrange to meet at one of the US national
> firey food shows and have the WWCHHL connected to that trip.

Could someone please explain what the "firey food shows" are? Great
idea to try to try to adapt that to a WWCHHL. Or maybe the Fiery Food
Show is already what I am trying to duplicate?

Tantrika wrote:

> a hot luck in the dead of winter?  ERMMMM... in SWEDEN?

No, as said before, I do believe it should be in "chile-land"

> saying I'm all for it!  how on earth does one grow peppers in
> sweden without a green house anyway??  are you able to grow hot
> peppers?

It is possible, but the short growing season, mid may to end of
august, sure is a problem unless you have a nice greenhouse.

What we would need is:

* A place to gather in "chile-land"
* Nearby accomodations
* Nearby growers for visits
* Expert Names, that would be willing to hold seminars/workshops,
  maybe Jim Campbell, someone from Tabasco company, some well-known
  chile-chef...?
* Time - preferrably a few days in the late summer 2000?

So hit me with your ideas and concerns... places, persons and times.
Yours,
Kristofer