Re: [CH] Bad news from Hatch

Sunny Conley (sunny@zianet.com)
Thu, 24 Jun 1999 08:24:48 -0600

--------------4234FF09865275196DDAB282

Actually, the Franzoy chile farm is located in Hatch, NM (the Chile Capital of
the World) in southern New Mexico. We've had more rain here than I can remember.
Sunny Conley

boz wrote:

> Brothers and Sisters:
>
>   According to an AP article in today's paper (The Pueblo fish wrap and bird
> cage liner):
>  <headline>
> Chile withers under hot sun, gusting winds
>
> ...cool nights, gusting winds, insects and drought conditions are taking a
> toll on the valley's staple...
>
> ...chile stands in some fields are so sparse farmers are considering plowing
> them over.
>
> "It' s the worst that I've ever seen since I've been in the valley"
> according to 88 year old Alex Franzoy, chile farmer.
>
> Must be part of the drought they are having in northern Mexico.
>
> Colorado chile crop is doing good, if the big white combine will stay away.
>
> the gabacho Colorado chile picker            <<<boz>>>

--------------4234FF09865275196DDAB282

begin:vcard
n:Conley;Sunny
tel;cell:(505) 644-0700
tel;fax:(505) 532-6319
tel;work:(505) 521-9381
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.chileknights.com
org:WRITING THE SOUTHWEST
adr:;;PO Box 6763;Las Cruces;NM;88006;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:sunny@zianet.com
x-mozilla-cpt:;-1
fn:Sunny Conley