Re: [CH] Bad news from Hatch

Jody L. Baze (jody@BlueSkyTours.COM)
Thu, 24 Jun 1999 09:03:20 -0600 (MDT)

On Thu, 24 Jun 1999, Sunny Conley wrote:

> Actually, the Franzoy chile farm is located in Hatch, NM (the Chile
> Capital of the World) in southern New Mexico. We've had more rain here
> than I can remember.

I saw the parts of the AP article that they printed in the Abq Journal.
Thought it was kinda strange - they've had excellent crops with both more
and less rain. Besides, at least here in Albuquerque, the river is pretty
high so irrigation shouldn't be a problem. Of course, I'm not a farmer so
maybe I oughta mind my own business :^)

At any rate, my own chiles have been struggling some - we've had lots of
high winds and temps haven't been anything to write home about. About 3/4 of
the Numex types I'm growing are growing very slow :^(  Don't think I'll be
having any early harvests this year.

JLB
--
Jody L. Baze                 Blue Sky Tours, Inc.
Director                     10832 Prospect Avenue N.E.