[CH] Re: olive oil based bread dipping sauces

Rich McCormack (macknet@cts.com)
Tue, 29 Jun 1999 07:28:45 -0700

Frank J. Hashek wrote:

> Anyone have some recipes for olive oil based sauces for dipping bread?
> Perhaps an Italian type recipe and a Southwest recipe with some chiles?

Around here, we dip bread in naked olive oil or sometimes flavored
olive oil.  Rather than blend olive oil with other ingredients to make
a homogenous looking sauce, I'd flow some olive oil onto a serving
plate and swirl some hot sauce into it pinwheel like...looks nice and
tastes great for dipping small chunks of French or sourdough bread.

--
Rich McCormack (Poway, CA) macknet@cts.com

Who is Rich McCormack?  Find out at...
http://members.cts.com/crash/m/macknet/