Re: [CH] Safety of olive oil dip

YODA (yoda@clark.net)
Thu, 1 Jul 1999 11:59:24 -0400 (EDT)

Raw, moist garlic, with spores under oil is/can be bad - don't do it.

In my mix, the moisture levels are so low as to most likely be unsuitable
for bad things to grow, as the garlic and herbs are dried. But nothing is
a sure thing, so to be safer, gently and carefully heat the mix to
260F and keep it there for a few minutes. ( I don't, but I also eat
rare meat and raw vegetables almost daily. Maybe I am a chronic risk
taker. I also drive to work most days, and frequent the post office.)

--
Jim W     My opinions are just that, not my wife's or my employer's
!!Do not assume that your freedoms are assured!! The truth is out there!