Re: [CH] Garlic and botulism

Charles Demas (demas@sunspot.tiac.net)
Fri, 2 Jul 1999 20:41:57 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 2 Jul 1999, Tantrika wrote:

> Peppers and garlic have been used for centuries as a preservative (as has
> salt).  I've stored garlic in a ceramic garlic storer for a long time, and
> braids of garlic hang for a long time.
>
> So while I appreciate the warning, I really don't think it is likely to get
> botulism from garlic infused oil, I think your chances of getting struck by
> a car or lightning, or even choking on a piece of garlic or a pepper-seed
> is a much more likely scenario. :)

You might go kite flying in a thunderstorm too.

Perhaps you won't kill yourself.  Perhaps you will.

A few things I do know, ...

1.  I don't fly kites in thunderstorms.
2.  I won't be eating your food at any hotlocks.
3.  With an attitude like yours, you may someday win a Darwin Award.

Chuck Demas
Needham, Mass.

  Eat Healthy    |   _ _   | Nothing would be done at all,
  Stay Fit       |   @ @   | If a man waited to do it so well,
  Die Anyway     |    v    | That no one could find fault with it.
  demas@tiac.net |  \___/  | http://www.tiac.net/users/demas